Thursday, July 8, 2010

What is it going to be like?

Seriously. What is it going to be like? I'm curious. I was pretty upset when Michael passed but I could never comprehend the pain of the people that grew up listening to his music and learning about him, almost as if they knew him. Most of those are people like our mothers and fathers. Some people thought it was a little too much to cry about his death, but our parents actually deserved a tear or two because of that special connection with someone who kept entertaining the world as our parents got older. So what is it going to be like for us web 2.0 users? Our generation? How will we feel when people who have started a teen craze like Justin Bieber, Beyonce', or Miley Cyrus start dying off? I think about the rappers sometimes too. I don't know about everybody else, but I love Lil' Wayne and can't picture the world with him gone from it. Most people probably think he's crude and degrading to women, but love him or not, its still kind of hard to wrap you head around. It has been a whole year, and Michael's passing is only about halfway through my brain. I just think what would America in particular feel like 40 years from now when most of our current pop sensations are gone from this earth.
-Yin

No comments:

Post a Comment